Roofing Contractor And Restoration Company In Captiva, Florida
Captiva’s weather can be quite unpredictable, with occasional tropical storms and intense sun, which can take a toll on your home’s roof. Metal roofing is an excellent choice for homeowners in Captiva, FL due to its durability, longevity, and resistance to the elements. Metal roofing can withstand the strong winds and heavy rains that occasionally affect the area. Metal roofing is energy-efficient, reflecting the sun’s rays and keeping your home cooler during the hot Florida summers, helping you save on energy costs.
Sabal Construction & Roofing LLC, an experienced general contracting and roofing company, is family-owned and locally operated by a second-generation Floridian contractor. We are a State Certified General Contractor and fully insured company. We responsibly adhere to all job specifications, manufacturer requirements, and safety codes to provide premier service to our valued customers.
Contact Sabal Construction and Roofing LLC today at (888) 591-8559 or contact us online and take advantage of free inspections, free estimates, and competitive prices. We put over 20 years of experience to work for you!
Signs Of Metal Roof Damage
- Leaks or holes: Leaks or holes can be caused by punctures, cracks, corrosion, or improper installation. Leaks or holes can lead to water damage, mold growth, and structural problems if left untreated.
- Rust or corrosion: Rust or corrosion can weaken the metal and make it more prone to leaks, holes, and damage. Rust or corrosion can also affect the appearance and value of your metal roof.
- Dents or scratches: Dents or scratches can compromise the integrity and performance of your metal roof. Dents or scratches can also make your metal roof more susceptible to rust, corrosion, and leaks
- Loose or missing fasteners: Loose or missing fasteners can cause your metal roof to shift, buckle, or blow off in strong winds. Loose or missing fasteners can also create gaps and openings for water and air infiltration.
- Improper installation or exposure: Improper installation or exposure can cause your metal roof to have poor ventilation, inadequate flashing, incorrect slope, insufficient overlap, or incompatible materials. Improper installation or exposure can affect the functionality and durability of your metal roof.
- Faulty or inadequate flashing: Faulty or inadequate flashing can allow water and air to seep into your roof and cause leaks, damage, and rot
Type of metal roof in Captiva, Florida
1. Galvalume Steel Coil & Sheet Metal
Pre-Painted and Acrylic-Coated Aluminum-Zinc Coated Steel.
Galvalume is an aluminum-zinc alloy coated cold-rolled steel ideally suited for metal roofing and metal wall panel applications.
- Outstanding corrosion resistance
- High strength-to-weight ratio
- Good heat resistance & solar reflectivity
- Excellent cut-edge protection
- Low maintenance and easy to clean
- Available in 60+ colors
2. MagnaGuard Steel Coil & Sheet Metal
Pre-Painted Aluminum-Zinc-Magnesium Carbon Steel
MagnaGuard™ is an alloy-coated carbon steel offering advanced protection for today’s metal roofing and metal wall panel systems. Similar to Galvalume® but with the added strength of Magnesium, MagnaGuard features a coated layer of 55% aluminum, 43.4% zinc-magnesium and 1.6% silicone over carbon steel delivering improved resistance to corrosion in extreme environments and enhanced protection against failure from cuts and scratches
ADVANTAGES OF MAGNAGUARD:
- Improved resistance to corrosion from salt spray
- Advanced protection at cut edges and scratches
- High heat resistance
- Outstanding coating adhesion
- Excellent formability
- Available in nearly 40 colors
3. Aluminum Metal Coil & Sheet Metal
Pre-Painted Prime Grade Aluminum
When it comes to metal roofing and metal wall panel systems, Aluminum is a premium choice thanks to its superior corrosion resistance. Known as the lightest metal roofing material available, aluminum is approximately 1/3 the weight of steel, but its strength-to-weight ratio is one of the highest of the common metals (think airplanes). Its light weight combined with resistance to corrosion and high heat make it an ideal material for metal roofing and metal wall panels, especially in coastal environments exposed to regular salt spray. Aluminum is very malleable making it easy to work with when roll forming metal panels and it’s 100% recyclable. Aluminum naturally reflects light and emits heat so its also energy efficient.
4. Copper Metal Coil & Sheet Metal
Architectural Copper, 99% Copper Sheet
Copper coil and flat sheet is skillfully made in the USA with superior flatness and surface quality for peak performance. The inherent protective properties in copper metal roofing and architectural accents mean they will never rust or corrode while remaining virtually maintenance-free. Natural antimicrobial qualities resist fungus and bacteria growth leaving copper surfaces mold- and rot-free. And with its extremely high melting point, having a copper roof is also an excellent hedge against catching fire from a nearby structure since the material is non-combustible.
Metal Roof Replacement Process
Once you schedule a no cost roof inspection, one of our knowledgeable team members will assess your roof and provide you with a no cost estimate for your review. We will make sure to answer any questions you may have after you review the estimate to make sure you are comfortable to move forward with your roof project.
After you sign the estimate with us, you will receive a Notice of Commencement (NOC) for your signature so that we can pull the permit with the Municipality where your property is. You will also receive a color selection sheet so you can select the brand and color that you want. Once we have all the paperwork and material on-hand, we will schedule your job and the following steps will take place:
Day 1: Material for the dry-in will be delivered to the house and loaded onto the roof.
Day 2: We will begin the tear-off.
Day 3 or 4: The local municipality will come out to perform an inspection of the dry-in.
Day 3 or 4: Our supplier will run the metal package on site and stage on the driveway.
Day 5-7: Our crew will install the metal and perform a final cleaning of the jobsite.
Day 7-10: Any required soffit, fascia, and gutters will be completed once the metal installation is finished
Day 7-10: Final Inspection from the local authority.
Metal Roofing Install Process
Southwest Florida's Most Trusted Roofing Contarctor
Sabal Construction and Roofing LLC takes pride in the projects we complete for our customers. Our team actively strives to achieve customer service and workmanship excellence. We install all types of roofs – from resilient metal, to stunning tile, to timeless dimensional shingles. Sabal Construction and Roofing LLC is here to serve you.